If you would have told me 1 year ago that I’d be working in an outside office space 27 minutes from my house, that I would have to get dressed in presentable clothes, get in my car and drive in traffic, I’d have told you there was no way in hell.
I’ve been working from home for nearly 6 years and until recently, I have been perfectly happy with that. In fact, working from home has always been my favorite part about having my own business. I save time by not having to drive anywhere. I save money with free snacks. And I get to indulge in the occasional midday nap, daily baths, a midday walk and lunches with my husband.
Something really major would have to happen for me to give all of that up and go to the office again.
Then COVID-19 happened.
In this episode, I’m going to share the 10 shifts I’ve made in my business and life routines to stay productive, exceed my revenue goals, and keep everyone at home sane during this crazy time. You can consider this a daily routine, COVID-19 edition!
A view into the 10 COVID-19 shifts I made to increase my productivity:
- Getting an outside office space
- Bringing in extra help with childcare
- Adjusting work schedules
- Waking up early some days
- Establishing a new routine at home
- Getting help from Fancy Nancy
- Meal prep + experimenting with delivery meal kit services
- Increasing VA hours
- Alternating nights off with my husband
- Planning the day before
Some of these may have you scratching your head, but once you listen to the episode, it will all make magical sense.
To close out, I wanted to share 5 small, but super actionable productivity hacks that have made a really big difference for me in my daily routine.
- Unsubscribing from emails
- Going off the grid weekly
- Setting up the coffeemaker the night before
- Setting out my workout clothes and my kid’s clothes the night before
- Creating a Morning Checklist routine for my 7-year-old
I hope this has helped give you some ideas for creating more time and space and sanity in your life.
Now I want to know if you found this helpful. Did it give you some new ideas? How are you handling this? Whether you have kids or not, this has been a huge change for everyone and I would love to know what kind of changes you’ve made to adjust. Comment below!
- My VA, Kristen of Vow + Vast: www.vowandvast.com
- Babe Crafted
- Amber De La Garza: Productivity Straight Talk Podcast
- Daily Harvest
- Rachael Cook’s Promote Yourself to CEO Podcast
- Top Shelf Templates
Don’t forget to review and subscribe to the MOYM podcast!